Why Choosing Teeth Implants over Bridges will Make You Smile
Are you trying to decide between dental implants or a bridge to replace your damaged teeth? Discover how teeth implants are the better choice for a healthier, better smile.
The Appealing Advantages of Teeth Implants
Today, more and more people desire dental implants over other tooth replacement options like tooth-supported fixed bridges. As a result, implants dentistry has become extremely popular for people of all ages. Dental implants offer an abundance of benefits over bridges, such as:
- A more attractive appearance
- Looking, feeling, and functioning just like natural teeth
- Simpler to keep clean than bridges, which can allow in bacteria that leads to tooth decay
- No damage to surrounding teeth, unlike a bridge, which calls for grinding down the natural structure of adjacent teeth to fit
- Integration with the jawbone for maximum bone health and personal comfort
- Better preservation of the jawbone
Hints on Healing Time
In most cases, teeth implants require two to four months for the bone to completely heal. But implants dentistry specialists say that each case is different, so your healing time may vary based upon your personal circumstances.
Keeping Teeth Implants in Sparkling Condition
In addition to looking and acting like natural teeth, dental implants require the same good oral hygiene and habits to stay healthy, attractive, and strong. Even though dental implants are resistant to decay, they still call for the same care and cleaning as natural teeth, including:
- Brushing twice a day, or more if recommended
- Flossing once a day
- Regular dental check-ups and cleanings
- Occasional x-rays and dental evaluations to check on bone health and full implant function
To learn about our family dentistry practice in New Baltimore, call Gentle Dental of New Baltimore today at (586) 933-5521 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in New Baltimore. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Michigan, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of New Baltimore, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of New Baltimore.